French toast is a classic breakfast dish that is enjoyed by people all around the world. It’s simple, delicious, and easy to make. However, if you’re looking for a way to spice up your French toast game, then look no further than this blueberry stuffed French toast recipe! In this article, we’ll take a look at how to make this delectable dish step by step.
Ingredients for Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
Before we start, let’s take a look at what you’ll need to make this recipe.
- 8 slices of bread
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Powdered sugar and maple syrup for serving
- First, we’ll make the blueberry filling. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and blueberries together until well combined.
- Take each slice of bread and cut a slit in the middle, being careful not to cut all the way through. Spread the blueberry filling inside each slice.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the butter.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
- Place the bread in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
- You can use any type of bread for this recipe, but we recommend using brioche or challah for a richer flavor.
- If you don’t have fresh blueberries, you can use frozen ones instead. Just make sure to thaw them out first.
- You can prepare the blueberry filling the night before and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To make this recipe even more decadent, you can add a drizzle of melted chocolate on top.
While this blueberry stuffed French toast is delicious on its own, you can take it up a notch by serving it with a variety of toppings. Here are a few ideas:
- Fresh whipped cream
- Sliced bananas or strawberries
- Chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts
- Honey or agave syrup
- Chocolate chips or shavings
- Caramel sauce
If you want to switch things up, here are a few variations on the blueberry stuffed French toast recipe:
- Swap out the blueberries for another type of fruit, such as sliced strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries.
- Add a layer of Nutella or peanut butter to the filling for a decadent twist.
- Make it savory by swapping out the blueberry filling for ham and cheese.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice to the egg mixture for a fall-inspired flavor.
- Use leftover croissants instead of bread for a more buttery and flaky French toast.
If you’re having trouble with your blueberry stuffed French toast, here are a few tips:
- If the bread is getting too soggy, try dipping it in the egg mixture for a shorter amount of time.
- If the filling is oozing out of the bread, try using less filling or securing the edges with toothpicks before cooking.
- If the French toast is not cooking evenly, try lowering the heat and cooking it for a longer amount of time
Can I use a different type of fruit for the filling?
Yes, you can use any type of fruit that you like. Strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries all work well.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the blueberry filling the night before and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use. You can also prepare the French toast ahead of time and reheat it in the oven or microwave.
Can I use a different type of bread for this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of bread that you like. Brioche or challah are great options for a richer flavor, but you can also use regular white bread or wheat bread.
Can I freeze this recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe. Just make sure to let the French toast cool completely before freezing. To reheat, simply pop it in the oven or microwave.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can make this recipe vegan by using vegan cream cheese, plant-based milk, and vegan bread. You can also use a vegan egg substitute like flax eggs or aquafaba.
This blueberry stuffed French toast recipe is the perfect way to take your breakfast game to the next level. With a creamy blueberry filling and a golden brown exterior, this dish is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So why not give it a try and see for yourself how delicious it can be?
Read Also: Als cafe lunch menu Price
You Want to Shop:
T-fal Platinum Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set