Are you looking for a delicious and filling breakfast option? Look no further than a hard-boiled egg casserole! This recipe is perfect for those who want to start their day with a protein-packed meal that will keep them full and satisfied for hours. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide to making a hard-boiled egg casserole that is both easy to prepare and mouth-wateringly delicious.
Introduction of Hard-boiled Egg Casserole
Hard-boiled egg casserole is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It is also a great way to use up leftover hard-boiled eggs. In this article, we will share a simple and delicious hard-boiled egg casserole recipe that you can easily make at home.
Hard-boiled Egg Ingredients
To make a hard-boiled egg casserole, you will need the following ingredients:
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Instructions To make the hard-boiled egg casserole
- Step 1: Preheat the Oven
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Step 2: Prepare the Eggs and Vegetables
Peel and slice 12 hard-boiled eggs and set them aside. In a bowl, mix together 1/2 cup chopped green onions, 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper, and 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms.
- Step 3: Layer the Casserole
In a 9-inch square baking dish, layer the sliced eggs and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese over the top.
- Step 4: Prepare the Egg Mixture
In a separate bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the layered eggs and vegetables.
- Step 5: Bake the Casserole
Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Step 6: Serve and Enjoy
Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy your delicious and protein-packed hard-boiled egg!
Tips and Variations
Here are a few tips and variations to consider when making a hard-boiled egg:
- Add additional vegetables: You can add any vegetables that you like to this casserole, such as spinach, kale, or zucchini.
- Use different types of cheese: If you don’t like cheddar cheese, feel free to substitute it with another type of cheese, such as Swiss or pepper jack.
- Make it ahead of time: You can prepare this casserole the night before and refrigerate it overnight. In the morning, simply bake it in the oven for a delicious and hassle-free breakfast.
Nutritional Benefits of Hard-Boiled Egg
Hard-boiled egg is an incredibly nutritious meal that provides your body with a wide range of important vitamins and minerals. Here are just a few of the key nutritional benefits of this dish:
- Protein: Eggs are an excellent source of high-quality protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues in your body. A single large egg contains around 6 grams of protein, making it a great way to get a protein boost in your diet. When combined with other protein-rich ingredients like cheese and sausage, a hard-boiled egg casserole can be a great way to meet your daily protein needs.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Eggs are also a great source of important vitamins and minerals. One large egg contains around 15% of your daily recommended intake of vitamin B2, 9% of vitamin B12, and 6% of vitamin A. They also contain smaller amounts of other important nutrients like iron, calcium, and potassium.
- Low in Calories: If you’re watching your calorie intake, hard-boiled egg casserole can be a great option. One large egg contains only around 70 calories, and many of the other ingredients in a casserole are low in calories as well. Plus, the high protein content of eggs can help keep you feeling full for longer, making it easier to stick to your calorie goals.
Hard-boiled egg casserole is a delicious and nutritious breakfast option that is easy to prepare and customizable to your taste preferences. With this simple recipe, you can enjoy a protein-packed breakfast that will keep you full and satisfied for hours.
Read Also: Long John Silver Menu Prices