These delicious, savory biscuits are the perfect addition to any meal, whether served as a side dish or as the main attraction. In this article, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step recipe for making herbed cream cheese biscuits from scratch.
Ingredients For Herbed Cream Cheese Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, cold and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (such as chives, parsley, and dill), chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
Directions To Making Herbed Cream Cheese Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the cubed butter to the bowl and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the buttermilk to the bowl and stir until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, chopped parsley, chopped thyme, chopped rosemary, and garlic powder until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to drop the biscuit dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Using a small spoon or your fingers, make a small indentation in the center of each biscuit.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the herbed cream cheese mixture into the indentation of each biscuit.
- Bake the biscuits for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Tips for Making Prefect Biscuits
- Use cold butter and cream cheese to ensure flakiness in the biscuits.
- Don’t overmix the dough or the biscuits will be tough.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter for an extra golden, crispy crust.
- Serve the biscuits warm with additional butter and honey, if desired.
Can I make This biscuits ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the dough ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Can I freeze biscuits?
Yes, you can freeze baked biscuits for up to 2 months.
Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh herbs?
Yes, you can use dried herbs instead of fresh herbs, but keep in mind that the flavor may not be as intense. Use about half the amount of dried herbs as you would fresh herbs.
Can I make gluten-free herbed cream cheese biscuits?
Yes, you can substitute the all-purpose flour for a gluten-free flour blend. Keep in mind that the texture may be slightly different than with regular flour.
Herbed cream cheese biscuits are a delicious and savory twist on traditional biscuits. With their flaky, buttery texture and fresh herb flavor, they are the perfect addition to any meal. By following our step-by-step recipe and tips, you’ll be able to make perfect herbed cream cheese biscuits every time.
Nutrition Facts of Herbed Cream Cheese Biscuits
- Calories: 220
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 330mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 4g
Please note: that these are approximate values and may vary depending on the specific ingredients and brands used.
Read Also: Chicken and Rice Floppa Food