This Italian-inspired dish is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that your whole family will love. With fresh vegetables and tender chicken, Skillet Chicken Primavera recipe is a great way to add some healthy, flavorful ingredients to your diet.
Ingredients For Skillet Chicken Primavera Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 oz penne pasta
- Fresh parsley for garnish
Instructions For Make Recipe
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add butter, onion, and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add diced peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, and zucchini. Cook for 5-7 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add dried basil, oregano, and thyme to the skillet and stir.
- Pour chicken broth into the skillet and stir, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir until well combined.
- Add penne pasta to the skillet and stir until coated in the sauce.
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips and add them back to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
- Use shrimp instead of chicken for a seafood twist.
- Swap out the veggies for your favorites, such as mushrooms or asparagus.
- Add a kick of spice by using hot Italian sausage instead of chicken.
Tips for Success
- Use a high-quality skillet to ensure even cooking.
- Don’t overcook the vegetables, as they should still have a slight crunch to them.
- Be sure to let the pasta soak up the sauce for a few minutes before serving.
- Add a bit of lemon juice for a bright burst of flavor.
- Serve with a side salad and garlic bread for a complete meal.
- Top with additional Parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
- Pair with a light-bodied white wine, such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc.
- This recipe is packed with fresh vegetables, providing a variety of vitamins and minerals.
- The use of heavy cream and Parmesan cheese adds a source of calcium and protein.
- The dish is relatively low in calories, making it a great option for those watching their weight.
Read Also: Herbed Cream Cheese Biscuits