Are you tired of the same old breakfast routine? Why not switch things up with a delicious and nutritious sweet potato breakfast bake? This versatile dish can be made ahead of time and is perfect for meal prep, brunch, or even a quick weekday breakfast. In this article, we will guide you through a simple yet delicious sweet potato breakfast bake recipe that is sure to become a new favorite in your household.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Bake Ingredients
Before we begin, let’s gather all the ingredients we will need to make this sweet potato breakfast bake:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Sweet Potato Breakfast Bake Making Instructions
Now that we have all our ingredients ready, let’s start cooking!
- Step 1: Preheat the oven
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Step 2: Prep the sweet potatoes and veggies
Peel and dice the sweet potatoes and dice the red bell pepper and onion. Mince the garlic.
- Step 3: Cook the sweet potatoes and veggies
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil, then add the sweet potatoes, red bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are slightly tender.
- Step 4: Mix the eggs and milk
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, black pepper, and dried thyme.
- Step 5: Assemble the breakfast bake
Add the cooked sweet potato mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Pour the egg mixture over the top. Use a spatula to spread everything out evenly.
- Step 6: Bake the breakfast bake
Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the egg mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Step 7: Serve and enjoy
Remove the breakfast bake from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired. Slice into squares and serve!
Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes
Not only is this sweet potato breakfast bake delicious, but it is also packed with health benefits. Sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They are also high in antioxidants and can help improve blood sugar control. Plus, they add a natural sweetness to any dish!
Tips and Variations
- To make this dish vegetarian, simply omit the cheese or use a vegan cheese substitute.
- If you don’t have fresh sweet potatoes, you can also use frozen diced sweet potatoes.
- Experiment with different vegetables such as zucchini, mushrooms, or spinach.
- Top with avocado, salsa, or hot sauce for an extra kick.
In conclusion, this sweet potato breakfast bake is a delicious and nutritious way to start your day. With its versatile ingredients and easy preparation, it is sure to become a new favorite in your household. Plus, the health benefits of sweet potatoes make this dish an excellent addition to any meal plan. So why not give this recipe a try and switch up your breakfast routine?
Sweet Potatoes Nutritious
Sweet potatoes are a nutritious and delicious ingredient that offer a variety of health benefits. Here are some of the key nutrients you can find in a sweet potato breakfast bake:
- Fiber: Sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, which can help keep you feeling full and satisfied. One medium sweet potato provides about 4 grams of fiber.
- Vitamins and minerals: Sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, and manganese. These nutrients play important roles in maintaining healthy immune function, promoting bone health, and supporting overall wellbeing.
- Antioxidants: Sweet potatoes are rich in antioxidants, including beta-carotene and other carotenoids. These compounds help protect against cellular damage and may reduce the risk of chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease.
- Protein: The eggs and cheese in a sweet potato breakfast bake provide a good source of protein, which is important for building and repairing tissues, maintaining muscle mass, and supporting overall health.
FAQ Sweet Potato Breakfast
Can I use a different type of cheese in the sweet potato breakfast bake?
Yes, you can use any type of cheese you prefer
Read Also: Hi Ho Chop Suey – Mishawaka Menu Prices